I just picked up a pair of vintage jelly shoes or “jellies.” I’ve had them for barely one day and I can already say for certain they are my summer jam.
1. The name. I love a good nicknamed shoe. Think “trainers” or “wellies.”
2. The no-mess factor. Spray me with water. Throw ketchup on my feet.
3. Wearability. Clear goes with everything.
4. Youthful style. Bold colors and ultra bendy.
5. Invention. They are a great invention. And a personal favorite. This idea I do not back down from.
If you are interested in getting some for your own tootsies here are a few that I quite like:
From Take Your Time Vintage on Etsy:
From Heather Mara Campos on Etsy:
From Mary Alice Felt Like It on Etsy:
Radiohead – Nude
Iron & Wine – Jesus The Mexican Boy
The National – 90-Mile Water Wall
Andrew Bird – Sifters
Ola Podrida – Sink Or Swim